Saturday, January 22, 2011

January in California

Okay, so I figured I needed to get my blog updated.  After all it has been at least a month.  Christmas was great in Utah, but I had to come back too soon.  Don, Marie and Beth came down to visit for New Year's and mine and Marie's birthday.  We had a great time even though it rained a good deal of the time they were here.  We played Tonk or Quibbler at night and laughed until we cried and our sides ached.

Don't you just love our card table.

We put together a puzzle of Bear Lake, well Garden City actually complete with Le Beau's, Bear Lake Pizza, and the Bear Lake Monster.

Sunday after church Kamden, Stefanie, Kylee, George, and the twins came for dinner.  It was great to get together with everyone and catch up.  It's been a long time since I have seen them and I have never seen the twins.  They are very cute.

The very next Sunday Sione and Lorien brought Tevita down to stay with me.  Sione and Lorien were able to go visit friends and enjoy three good days here.  Thank you so much for bringing Dad here to be with me.  It has been wonderful to finally have my husband here with me.  The only time in our marriage that we have ever been just the two of us is between the time we were married and when Ela was born.  We are learning how to be companions to each other after 31 years and I have to say it is going well.  Of course, it kind of helps that he doesn't know any other Tongans here yet to hang out with instead of me.

On the 15th we went fishing at the Oceanside Pier where Dad caught two little fish.  Then we went to the Oceanside Harbor were we had a great dinner of Mahi Mahi for Dad and salad for me.  Today, the 22nd we went fishing at Lake Poway.  It was a gorgeous day in the low 70's.  Dad fished all day but didn't catch anything.  The people next to us caught 3 huge trout.  Dad is anxious to go back next Saturday and beat them to the spot where they were so he can catch the fish next week.  After fishing we went to Dad's new favorite Chinese buffet in San Marcos.  They have practically a whole steam table of nothing but fish. 

Lake Poway was really pretty, small by Utah standards and crowded with fishermen.  I went for a hike up this hill.

The trail goes all around the lake and even over to Lake Ramona.  Next time we go Dad wants to rent a boat.  It's only $16 per day for a little fishing boat.  I plan on hiking all around the lake 2.7 miles.  We miss the family, but it is nice getting to know each other all over again.  Love to everyone.

2 comments:

Ela and Daniel Asisi said...

Great post Mom! I love that you guys are having so much fun together! LOVE YOU!

Scott, Fia, Tre, and CJ said...

That is so awesome! I'm so glad that you had so many fun visitors in January! Miss you guys!