Saturday, October 16, 2010

Braveheart Women's Event

Okay, so all of you who know me know that I am not the best event planner in the world.  Holidays and family dinner are about all I can manage.  You also know how badly I stress over these simple events.  Normally I am not a huge worrier, but events that I have to be in charge of stress me out.  I worry about whether the venue is okay, there will be enough food, what food to serve, how everyone is going to like it, etc.  If there is something to worry about, I will worry about it.  That's why you will laugh when you see that I was in charge of setting up an event for 60 women at the ranch.  I can't claim to have done this myself and if I would have been left with the previous kitchen staff, we probably couldn't have managed this great event.  In the end, it turned out beautifully.

The women were all from the Braveheart Group lead by Ellie Drake.  If you want to check it out go to http://www.braveheartwomen.com/.  It is a networking site for women who want to make a difference in their families and communities.  The name of the event was RESTORE and was designed to teach the women about alkalizing and how it can bring them to better health.

The staff I have at the ranch are amazing and helped me get everything set up on Saturday so we would be ready bright and early Monday morning when the buses arrived.  We had three venues; the pool for the majority of food and cooking demonstrations,


The classroom at the office where Dr. Young and Shelley both spoke, and then our own Palm Grove.  This is a gorgeous area down further on the property that involved some transportation issues, but ultimately was worth it.


I can't say that everything went without a hitch, but it did go well and I was exhausted after setting everything up on Saturday and then coordinating events on Monday.  It was a great experience though and I'm so glad that I had the opportunity. 

During the event Dr. Young talked about "The Box".  This box contains everything you need to gain health.  It also comes complete with a one day retreat to the ranch where you can learn the program, experience the atmosphere first hand, and sample our great alkaline food.  The women were very taken with "The Box" and it was a hit.
Sorry, I can't figure out how to rotate "The Box" so you can view it properly.

This is Rainbow Salad, one of the yummy foods the ladies were served.  We also had delicious wraps, veggie pizza, 2 different pates on seed crackers, soy pudding, seed pancakes, and vegan chili.  The food was delicious and Shelley and the kitchen staff were amazing.


All in all it was a great day.  Who wouldn't be restored when you can spend the day learning about how to be healthy, enjoying good food, good service, and good company.  Of course, the view helped too.



No comments: