Sunday, July 24, 2011

Obedience

Two weeks ago I was asked to teach the Relief Society Lesson on Obedience.  Studying and giving this lesson made me aware of how truly disobedient I have been since moving down here.  Yes, it took me two months to find the ward I should go to, but once I found it I was very lax about going.  It was just too easy to stay home and relax, especially after Dad came down and didn't want to go.  I made a decision that this had to change and I have been much better about attending my meetings and partaking of the sacrament.  I have also chosen to take on the Stake President's challenge to read from the Book of Mormon daily along with daily prayer.  What a blessing this has been to experience the change of heart that has come in just two weeks.  I look forward to reading from the scriptures every morning and I no longer feel the need to stay home on Sunday's.  I would challenge everyone to accept the Book of Mormon challenge in your lives too and see how much better it makes your days.  Here are two scriptures that I have read the past two days that have particular meaning to me.

1 Nephi 15:11
Do ye not remember the things which the Lord hath said?--If ye will not harden your hearts, and ask me in faith, believing that ye shall receive, with diligence in keeping my commandments, surely these things shall be made known unto you.

1 Nephi 17:3
And thus we see that the commandments of God must be fulfilled.  And if it so be that the children of men keep the commandments of God He doth nourish them, and strengthen them, and provide means whereby they can accomplish the thing which he has commanded them;

No comments: