Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Blessings


I had the fantastic opportunity to meet a man who came to the ranch for a class.  He appeared to be in his thirties, but of course I couldn't tell.  He was completely confined in a wheelchair and very small.  His arms, hands and legs were misshapen.  He had to be carried out to the deck for meals and was completely dependent on someone else to assist him in all but running his chair.  When I got the chance to talk with him, I was so moved by his spirit.  I asked him how he was and his response was "Awesome." 

I am so blessed to have such a supportive family who have cheered me on as I have taken this huge step out of my comfort zone.  It is honestly confirmed to me every day that this is where I should be and what I should be doing.  The people I have met from all over the world are amazing.  There are so many good people who surround us daily and we should count our blessings that we are able to associate with them.  It feels good to be helping people in their quest for a healthy lifestyle and to help them combat terrible disease.  We need to stop the petty dramas in our lives and truly look for the blessings in our everyday lives.

Another blessing I enjoy on a daily basis is being able to wake up in the morning above the clouds as you can see in the pictures below. It is fun to go out for a walk and have this be my view.


1 comment:

Ela and Daniel Asisi said...

What a moving story. You are right, we sometimes let the pettiness get in the way of our happiness. Thanks for sharing that and what a beautiful picture of the clouds.