Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Earthquakes



So I have been in my apartment all of three days and we have had two earthquakes.  I know this sounds crazy!  Saturday night I was sitting in the living room in my camp chair when there was a big bang and the windows rattled.  I heard later that it was a quick earthquake.  Last night just as I was going to bed, there was a shaking for about 15 seconds.  I had forgotten how the earthquakes down here feel.  Of course, a lot of neighbors came out of their apartments to see if anything was going on.  Then everyone just shrugged and went back inside.  I am definitely in California, land of daily earthquakes. 

I will post pictures of my apartment when I get some furniture.  Right now it is a little pathetic with 2 bar stools, a camp chair and an air mattress.  It is worth the wait though.  I like being on my own and away from living with someone else.  Even though Denise and John are friends and co-workers, it was a bit awkward. 

There are lots of birds, bunnies, squirrels, and lizards.  I have been trying to get a picture of some of these critters for the grandkids.  I finally got a picture of a lizard sunning itself on the wall, but am still working on the bunnies. 

Denise has two little dogs.  Annie is a Jack Russell Terrier, and I am not sure was Rosie is.  They are both very cute, but Annie is a very hyper dog.  Don't get a Jack Russel unless you can handle hyper.



1 comment:

Scott, Fia, Tre, and CJ said...

So scary Mom! Stay safe...don't forget to use the doorways for safety :)